Cadet Commissioned Officers
Cadet Lt Commander
Cadet Lieutenant JG
Cadet Enlisted Officers
Cadet Chief Petty Officer
Mst Cf Petty Officer
Cadet Petty Officer
Cadet System for Promotion In Rank
On the Left: Recently Promoted Cadet Lieutenant JG Quincy Cunningham
On the right: Recently promoted Cadet Petty Officers Andrew Hockenheimer, Collin Jones, and Tyler Adams.
The ultimate goal is to provide a fair and equitable system whereby those who strive for the betterment of themselves and the Academy will be promoted using the following promotion ranks:
The following is an overview of the procedures governing the promotion of cadet within The Maritime Academy of Toledo.
- Demonstrate Continuous Academic Progress and Effort
- Complete Class Assignments
- Complete All Homework Assignments
- Understand and use nautical terms when referencing the school environment and in interpersonal communications with fellow cadets and staff for each rank sought.
- Receive no more than five (5) demerits in a given quarter.
- Maintain 90% on-time record during the 30 calendar days prior Promotion.
- Maintain 0 unexcused absences during the 30 calendar days prior to Promotion.
- Wear the cadet uniform appropriately.
- Be able to articulate the proper wearing of the cadet uniform including insignia, and colors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of company inspection.
- Participate in one extracurricular/community activity or club.
- Maintain minimum Overall Performance Average (OPA) for each rank (See Rank and Promotion Chart)
- Maintain the "Personal Charge Record" as a summary or earned rank.
- Complete and Submit "Promotion Application Form" including "Promotion Essay".
Forms & Documents
Cadet Promotion Authorization Form
Personal Charge Record
Student & Staff Rank
Nautical Terms By Rank With Definitions