Diploma and Career Options
Ohio Department of Education Graduation Requirements
The following courses are required for graduation:
- Language Arts: 4 credits: Major concentration in composition and literature.
- Mathematics: 4 credits: Algebra I, II, Geometry and Pre-Calculus or Consumer Math
- Science: 3 credits: Biology, Physical Science, and one science elective (Environmental Science, Chemistry, Anatomy & Physiology, Liminology & Oceanography, Astronomy, Geology or Physics).
- Social Studies: 3 credits: World Studies, United States Studies, Government, and Economics/Personal Finance.
- Physical Education: ½ credit (2 semesters)
- Health: ½ credit
- Maritime Skills: 1 credit
- Electives: (5 credits) Leadership, Art, Technology, Spanish, Geography, Introduction to Psychology, Drama, Speech, Modern U.S. Perspectives, Introduction to Engineering, Publications, and Career Technical Education.
Career Technical Education Programs
The following courses are three-year elective programs culminating in state, national, and international certifications:
- Maritime Occupations Program
- Culinary and Hospitality Program: Under Construction