Cadet System for Promotion In Rank
The ultimate goal is to provide a fair and equitable system whereby those who strive for the betterment of themselves and the Academy will be promoted using the following promotion ranks:
The following is an overview of the procedures governing the promotion of cadet within The Maritime Academy of Toledo.
- Demonstrate Continuous Academic Progress and Effort
- Complete Class Assignments
- Complete All Homework Assignments
- Understand and use nautical terms when referencing the school environment and in interpersonal communications with fellow cadets and staff for each rank sought.
- Receive no more than five (5) demerits in a given quarter.
- Maintain 90% on-time record during the 30 calendar days prior Promotion.
- Maintain 0 unexcused absences during the 30 calendar days prior to Promotion.
- Wear the cadet uniform appropriately.
- Be able to articulate the proper wearing of the cadet uniform including insignia, and colors.
- Demonstrate knowledge of company inspection.
- Participate in one extracurricular/community activity or club.
- Maintain minimum Overall Performance Average (OPA) for each rank (See Rank and Promotion Chart)
- Maintain the "Personal Charge Record" as a summary or earned rank.
- Complete and Submit "Promotion Application Form" including "Promotion Essay".
Forms & Documents
Cadet Commissioned Officers
Cadet Lt Commander
Cadet Lieutenant JG
Cadet Enlisted Officers
Cadet Chief Petty Officer
Mst Cf Petty Officer
Cadet Petty Officer