The Maritime Academy at a Glance
The Maritime Academy is one of only 18 Maritime-Themed Public Schools across the U.S. with the first state-approved Maritime Career Tech Education Program in the United States.
The Maritime Academy of Toledo is a Grade 5 -12 Middle/High School Diploma-based public school. The Academy embraces the following educational practices:
- Baseline assessments are completed at the beginning, middle, and end of
each academic year to provide teachers the information they need to plan
appropriatly for their students.
- Curriculum focuses on interest and project-based learning.
- Weekly plans work to develop the whole child using our Welcome Aboard character development system.
- A strict Code of Conduct supports self-regulated learning and behavior.
- A nautical rank and promotion system develops student leaders.
- Title I teachers support math and reading.
- Special education staff support students in inclusionary settings thus
ensuring the least restrictive environments.
- Peer tutoring is used to enhance student success.
While some grades are at full capacity we invite you to call for information about current openings in specific grade levels. If there is no opening, we encourage you to place your chidl's name on our waiting list.
Click on the Enrollment Packet link below for more details or call today to make an appointment to tour our facility 419-244-9999.