Guidance Counseling Services
The Maritime Academy of Toledo also provides students with counseling services five days each week. Students may sign up for individual counseling sessions or group sessions on an as-needed basis. Please contact the Academy for more information.
High School Students are encouraged to take advantage of the career and college exploration courses offered each semester. Please contact the Academy for more information about these courses.
Student and Family Resources
The Maritime Academy's Community Resource Liaison provides assistance in areas which include, but are not limited to:
Assisting parents in accessing and utilizing school and community resources.
- Working with those problems in a child's living situation that affect the child's adjustment in school (home, school, and community).
- Mobilizing family, school, and community resources to enable the child to learn as effectively as possible in his or her educational program.
- Alleviating family stress to enable the child to function more effectively in school & in the community.
- Helping the school receive adequate support from social and mental health agencies.
- Advocating for new and improved community/school service to meet the needs of students and families.
- Helping cadets & their families navigate the system effectively.
Click here to contact our Community Resource Liaison.
As awareness of autism increases, Ohio has started to look for new solutions to:
- increase the number of trained service providers to meet growing demand.
- provide more consistent, broad-based community support for parents and families.
Powered by OCALI, ASD Strategies in Action is a free, online training collaborative effort to put information into the hands of more people to make life better for the people, parents, and families we serve together.
The program was funded under the leadership of the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities (DODD) in collaboration with the Ohio Department of Education and the Governor’s Office of Health Transformation.
Families and providers are invited to visit www.autismcertificationcenter.org for more information, and to access ASD Strategies in Action