Gallery - Nautical Activities
- Click to see a larger version In the simulator Perhaps the most valuable aspects of Nautical Traditions is the hands-on shiphandling experience gained on our real-time ship simulator.
- Click to see a larger version At the helm The Sandpiper heading down the Maumee River and into the shipping channel.
- Click to see a larger version In the rowing shell Cadets learn to work as a team in a rowing shell, thanks to our partnership with the Toledo Rowing Club.
- Click to see a larger version On the deck Nautical Educational Activities include field trips to the Lake Erie Island on Put In Bay.
- Click to see a larger version Behind the hammer Cadets gain valuable hands-on experience in applying boat-building and woodworking skills in our boat-building lab.
- Click to see a larger version Knot Tying Maritime Academy Cadets are given instruction in knot tying that they may utilize when on board a real "tallship" or when tying the school's own boat, the Mariner I to its mooring.