Governing Board & Sponsor
Board Meetings are open to the public. Staff and parents of students enrolled in The Maritime Academy of Toledo are especially encouraged to attend school board meetings.
Current Board Members
- Keith Jordan: Chairperson
- Jim Hartung: Vice Chairperson
- Dr. William Davis: Director
- Robert Lucas: Director
- Paul Hubbard Sr: Director
- Anthony Swartz: Treasurer
- Kathy Simpson: Board Secretary
The Maritime Academy of Toledo School Board meetings are open to the public.
If you have a desire to address the board, you may be added to the agenda by submitting a written request. This request should be addressed to the attention of the Board Secretary and may be sent or dropped off at the Academy at 803 Water Street, Toledo, OH 43604. Please note that the request must arrive by the Wednesday prior to the meeting.
The Maritime Academy of Toledo, 803 Water Street, Toledo, Ohio 43604
The meetings are held from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. on the second Monday of every month.
Dates of meetings during the 2021/2022 school year are*:
- July 09, 2021 (Special Meeting)
- July 12, 2021 - CANCELLED
- July 28, 2021 - 9am-2pm - Board Retreat
- July 28, 2021 - 9am-2pm - Board Meeting (Renaissance Toledo Downtown Hotel)
- August 09, 2021 - CANCELLED
- September 13, 2021
- October 11, 2021
- November 08, 2021
- December 13, 2021
- January 10, 2022
- February 14, 2022
- March 14, 2022
- April 11, 2022
- May 09, 2022
- June 13, 2022
* Please click here to see a discussion that occurred between the Governing Board and the Superintendent for the purposes of scheduling a special board meeting on July 9th, 2021 at 7:30am. The special board meeting will be held to discuss the cost of an HVAC upgrade and refitting the electrical in our new welding room.
Policies of the Governing Board
of the Maritime Academy of Toledo
This comprehensive document outlines all of the policies and procedures to be followed by the Maritime Academy of Toledo's governing board, employees, volunteers, and other associated members.